The mornings are always a tough time for us. Everyone needs to eat, laundry has to be done, dishes need to be washed. The to-do list is endless, and can be overwhelming. I started thinking of my favorite things to do in the morning, that make my day better, and here are my top 5:
- Put things away the night before: I realize this is more of a night time thing to do..but if I pick up all of the toys, and half way put things in their home before bed, I wake up and have less things to do. Therefor, I feel less rushed and stressed out walking out of the bedroom.
- Add some light: Opening the curtains, or on a warmer day, opening the doors and windows instantly brightens my day…literally. I’m not sure if it’s the fresh air, sunshine, or a combination of the two, but I instantly feel refreshed.
- Savor your cup of coffee: It’s so easy to rush through that first wonderful cup of coffee. Especially when I have so much to do. I found that if I wait until my chores are done, or until I have a minute to sit uninterrupted (which seems impossible, I know!) I can enjoy that sweet cup of goodness!
- Find time for a workout: With two kids under the age of two, it sometimes seems impossible to find time for a workout. But studies have shown that working produces hormones that make you happier. I use this site: www.bodyrock.tv for my workouts. Not only is it free..but majority of the workouts are less than 20 minutes. I know everyone has at least that to spare. If you find that the kids just won’t go down for a nap, or won’t let you have that much time..include them in your workout!
- Laugh: I know that sounds strange..but laughter is truly the best medicine. Play with your kids, go outside, or enjoy tickle time! Having a good laugh always makes you feel better.
What do you do to get through your morning?